Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the Pro Shop help a guy out on a YZ426 light kit? I want to convert my MX bike over for more trail riding and would like to add a big ass 8" light onto it...but I need to get the stator worked out and anything else... need help. Also a heavier fly wheel and larger rear sprocket and maybe a 03' WR450 exhaust cam so I can lose the compression release.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Can the Pro Shop help a guy out on a YZ426 light kit? I want to convert my MX bike over for more trail riding and would like to add a big ass 8" light onto it...but I need to get the stator worked out and anything else... need help. Also a heavier fly wheel and larger rear sprocket and maybe a 03' WR450 exhaust cam so I can lose the compression release.
Ricky Stator prob has that stuff for the electrical. Actually one of the 7" checkers would work great Moss.

Rog

·
Registered
96 Posts
we do light conversions all the time and we always update ex cams on the early yz/wr. we do just about everything dirt related

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ricky Stator prob has that stuff for the electrical. Actually one of the 7" checkers would work great Moss.

Rog
the problem with running a hid is you have to have a constant supply of power. that means battery, not a lot of room on the 426 i guess anything can be done its just a lot of work makijg it all fit!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the problem with running a hid is you have to have a constant supply of power. that means battery, not a lot of room on the 426 i guess anything can be done its just a lot of work makijg it all fit!
Ya I hear ya... I looked and have no idea where you would hide a 12v battery... maybe a 9v Duracell is all. So is halogen the ticket? Can you shoot me a PM with an estimate on the ex cam and getting me wired for a 12v light... I'll find the light and bracketry and finish it up.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
227 Posts
if you go to thumpertalk.com i bet you can find some good info from that site.

my kit is a electrix kit not sure if they are still making it the battery sits in the unit on the bars behind the light and the others go in the air box on some of the other kits

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have the Baja Designs HID kit on my '01 426.

It is brighter than hell.

It comes with everything you need except a stator. I got mine from e-line

If you can afford it deffinatly go with an HID

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
I would sell that bike for 8k. I have probably 12k into it. It only has around 6k miles on it?
This is my 06 450x it comes with a battery and headlight so it was an easier switch to the Baja Designs stator and Sol Tek Light.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts