Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the Pro Shop help a guy out on a YZ426 light kit? I want to convert my MX bike over for more trail riding and would like to add a big ass 8" light onto it...but I need to get the stator worked out and anything else... need help. Also a heavier fly wheel and larger rear sprocket and maybe a 03' WR450 exhaust cam so I can lose the compression release.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Can the Pro Shop help a guy out on a YZ426 light kit? I want to convert my MX bike over for more trail riding and would like to add a big ass 8" light onto it...but I need to get the stator worked out and anything else... need help. Also a heavier fly wheel and larger rear sprocket and maybe a 03' WR450 exhaust cam so I can lose the compression release.
Ricky Stator prob has that stuff for the electrical. Actually one of the 7" checkers would work great Moss.

Rog

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ricky Stator prob has that stuff for the electrical. Actually one of the 7" checkers would work great Moss.

Rog
the problem with running a hid is you have to have a constant supply of power. that means battery, not a lot of room on the 426 i guess anything can be done its just a lot of work makijg it all fit!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the problem with running a hid is you have to have a constant supply of power. that means battery, not a lot of room on the 426 i guess anything can be done its just a lot of work makijg it all fit!
Ya I hear ya... I looked and have no idea where you would hide a 12v battery... maybe a 9v Duracell is all. So is halogen the ticket? Can you shoot me a PM with an estimate on the ex cam and getting me wired for a 12v light... I'll find the light and bracketry and finish it up.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have the Baja Designs HID kit on my '01 426.

It is brighter than hell.

It comes with everything you need except a stator. I got mine from e-line

If you can afford it deffinatly go with an HID

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
I would sell that bike for 8k. I have probably 12k into it. It only has around 6k miles on it?
This is my 06 450x it comes with a battery and headlight so it was an easier switch to the Baja Designs stator and Sol Tek Light.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.