Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

R1 swap KEEP 4X4!!!! Pics

56362 Views 57 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  LBR
Ok so I finally got around to shooting a few pics....:clap:

So here they are...:yahoo:

04 Rhino with 04 R1 180 HP engine installed...
Aux. gearbox provides HI/LO ranges and REVERSE
12 forward gears and 6 reverse!
All the gears are accessed from a single shifter.

Check out the vid of the shifter...its slick!!!:eek:k:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A11ZpBxwTkY]YouTube - rhino shifter[/ame]

Before you ask...The gearbox costs 2K.:punish:

Allan

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 20 of 58 Posts
are you running a factory rhino radiator? if so does it stay cool?
Greg

Yep, factory radiator with NO overheating issues thus far....tho it is cold here this time of yr, so Im sure that helps, alot.

Whats your overall gear ratio? and estimated top speed?

Allan
Greg

Yep, factory radiator with NO overheating issues thus far....tho it is cold here this time of yr, so Im sure that helps, alot.

Whats your overall gear ratio? and estimated top speed?

Allan
not sure on the overall rato:confused: but the jeffco is a 3.5 to 1. and i'm running a 15tooth front sprocket and a 24 on the rear. I gps'd it last weekend and got 96.4mph. coulda hit 100 easily but had to let off cause someone crossed the trail i was on.
Whos the maker of the gear box?
Man You just get right to the point, eh.

Its made in europe, by one of the largest manufactures....

If you SERIOUSLY want one, PM me .....Its just not public info right now.:p
That' s a 180 hp at the crank,how much do you lose from the the crank to counter hub to the driveline to the transfer case to the wheels??
Man You just get right to the point, eh.

Its made in europe, by one of the largest manufactures....

If you SERIOUSLY want one, PM me .....Its just not public info right now.:p
Just keepin my options open Brotha:good:.....I am going to be building some sort of 1000cc powered rig.....4X4 may not be needed for the riding I do...but I'm always open for options

Ohhh....looks good

I am ONLY running ultra light weight chromalloy drivelines!!!!! :eek:k:There is not much of a power loss at all 25HP tops....Ill be getting it dynoed in a month with the power commander installed....so Ill post the results.:punish:

Allan
I am ONLY running ultra light weight chromalloy drivelines!!!!! :eek:k:There is not much of a power loss at all 25HP tops....Ill be getting it dynoed in a month with the power commander installed....so Ill post the results.:punish:

Allan
25hp..????don't be surprised if it's a lot more than that,i have 4 quads with R1 engines in them and 1 with a turbo, with just a slip on the bikes dyno between 141 and 147hp and you have drive lines transfer case ect ect I'll bet that transfer case eats up a lot.
25hp..????don't be surprised if it's a lot more than that,i have 4 quads with R1 engines in them and 1 with a turbo, with just a slip on the bikes dyno between 141 and 147hp and you have drive lines transfer case ect ect I'll bet that transfer case eats up a lot.
What yr R1 engine do you have??? the older ones make less power....alot less.
Also my Lightweight gearbox is only 32 lbs...so not much weight turning in there either...
I dont think it matters much...but I doubt it would take even 20 HP to spin the drivelines and rear tires up to 100MPH with NO load, (tires off the ground) but again who cares....the bottom line is I got LOADS more power than stock and can put it to the ground with ALL four tires!!!!:good:

Allan
High dyno numbers are always good, but I have had to retune my drag banshee for the hill after I tuned it to make the most power on the dyno.

I am sure this thing hauls the mail, way better than a 660 motor or a rotax for that matter!
What yr R1 engine do you have??? the older ones make less power....alot less.
Also my Lightweight gearbox is only 32 lbs...so not much weight turning in there either...
I dont think it matters much...but I doubt it would take even 20 HP to spin the drivelines and rear tires up to 100MPH with NO load, (tires off the ground) but again who cares....the bottom line is I got LOADS more power than stock and can put it to the ground with ALL four tires!!!!:good:

Allan
I run 04 05 06 and 07 motors.
Damn well done can't wait to see some dyno nubers!

Where are your from anyways?
Damn....you got a few....you gotta throw one in a Rhino!!!! :eek:k: mabey the turbo?:)
Damn well done can't wait to see some dyno nubers!

Where are your from anyways?
Washington State:wave:
Damn....you got a few....you gotta throw one in a Rhino!!!! :eek:k: mabey the turbo?:)
I was going to do a R1 in the rhino and I have 4 motors in my shop but since my wife drives it to.......well I didn't see the clutch lasting very long,so i build a 800 rotax with a turbo and I sent it off to get a 1000cc kit,it will make 200hp at the wheels:yahoo::clap::yahoo::clap:
Washington State:wave:
Cool cool! Sorry I missed the welcome party so I'd like to say hello first!:wave: I'd love to see some vids of the beast!!!
Also, it would be great to see it in person...have you ever considered visiting Cali?:laugh:
That looks like one hell of a quad!!!!!:yahoo:

I bet it is one of the fastest toys on the dunes!

Are you gonna keep the 4x4 with the 200HP rhino?
1 - 20 of 58 Posts