Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

R1 swap KEEP 4X4!!!! Pics

60K views 57 replies 21 participants last post by  LBR 
#1 ·
Ok so I finally got around to shooting a few pics....:clap:

So here they are...:yahoo:

04 Rhino with 04 R1 180 HP engine installed...
Aux. gearbox provides HI/LO ranges and REVERSE
12 forward gears and 6 reverse!
All the gears are accessed from a single shifter.

Check out the vid of the shifter...its slick!!!:eek:k:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A11ZpBxwTkY]YouTube - rhino shifter[/ame]

Before you ask...The gearbox costs 2K.:punish:

Allan

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
not sure on the overall rato:confused: but the jeffco is a 3.5 to 1. and i'm running a 15tooth front sprocket and a 24 on the rear. I gps'd it last weekend and got 96.4mph. coulda hit 100 easily but had to let off cause someone crossed the trail i was on.

#23 ·
This is a test...this is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System....beeeeep beeeeeep....beeeeeeeep

CF your PM box is full.

This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. The broadcasters of your area in voluntary cooperation with the Federal, State and local authorities have developed this system to keep you informed in the event of an emergency. If this had been an actual emergency, the Attention Signal you just heard would have been followed by official information, news or instructions. This station serves the area. This concludes this test of the Emergency Broadcast System."

#32 · (Edited)
prolly mating 2 of them together into a small v8...
That's been done already and I guess it was quite simple....saw it at the seattle auto show a few ys ago!!! a 350 HP V-8 that can rev to 14,500rpms. some college kids did it for a project....

I think an opposing 8 (twin R1s) would be cool, because the crank wouldn't need any counterwieghts for ballanceing....a big wieght savings on recipricating mass.

#34 ·
#37 · (Edited)
No leeway for using the damn tiny PDA keyboard , eh

http://www.quaife.co.uk/
The QUAIFE is old news....
As far as I know the boxes that your refering to don't have hi and low ranges....and they are heavier than the one I use.
and cost more, too. For a 4x4 application thet are all too low geared...unless you get some tall-ass diffs installed...lol...the top speed will be like 45 with a QUAIFE

#39 · (Edited)
who knows, thinks it's pretty gay if you ask me, the secretive part anyways, if your not gonna tell cause you want to start a biz doing them thats fine, then don't release until you are capable of selling or whatever, IMO. not trying to bash just don't agree with the way he is all secret about shit and vauge (sp) about it, but yet trying to convince us it's the best thing since sliced bread.

#40 ·
give the guy a chnace... Theres gotta be a reason. I'll wait patiently til someone says something, cuz I wouldnt mind knowing... Man, I would love to do a swap, even if its just 2wd and has no reverse.... Who's good at building these for people? If I brought just a frame? Anyone??? how much??

#41 ·
give the guy a chnace... Theres gotta be a reason. I'll wait patiently til someone says something, cuz I wouldnt mind knowing... Man, I would love to do a swap, even if its just 2wd and has no reverse.... Who's good at building these for people? If I brought just a frame? Anyone??? how much??
I doubt that you would want that....My rhino is 2wd and has no reverse...but I'm already regretting it and I know I'm headed for tough times at the dunes :mad:

#43 ·
true dat! I kinda like my rhino. has a sick big bore and hauls the mail for what it is.... Heres a pic or 2 from last weekend. I'm just bored of the slow speeds. I am content with it at the regular dirt as opposed to sand. Maybe I should just build a prerunner truck with a stroker small block and be done with the withdrawls of going so slow....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.