Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have this 04 660 that I am bolstering up the rear diff mounts as the old were cracked and all has gone well up to trying to remove the driver side rear axle. It pops out no problem, but the cup that butts up to the diff housing will not clear the frame and there is just not enough clearance no matter what I try. I removed the passenger no problem, got the brake caliper off, removed the hanger/mounting bolts and still, I just can't get enough clearance to remove the axle from the unit. I have read the manual, watched every video available and no one seems to have this issue but me... sooo, what dumb step or thing am I missing??? Really appreciate any feedback as I have hit a wall here and feel like I am losing my mind every time I go out into the garage.. thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Steve! I will give that a try today but it doesn't seem like any of the videos or instructions have to do that step for removal so it still seems odd. Might be that the diff has settled lower due to cracks and breaks in the support tubes limiting clearance. Really appreciate the feedback!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, definitely shows a big difference, thanks for that. I finally was able to remove it after really being forceful with the diff and dropping diff past mounting tabs, bent one to hell but allowed me to angle the whole unit to clear the frame rail. Putting it back in should be easier as I am replacing all of the mounting hardware. At least in theory... Thanks for the input, problem resolved now!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts