Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a rolled 07 800 Outlander. I would like to put that motor in my 07 Rhino who would you guys recommend?

·
Registered
250 Posts
the swap caint be that hard just do it your self and save some money! i did my swap my self wasnt too bad just took lots of time over 120 hours... prolly around 5 grand i saved...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just purchased a rolled 07 800 Outlander. I would like to put that motor in my 07 Rhino who would you guys recommend?

I spoke with Daniel at Magnum earlier this morning and he seems to know exactly what needs to be done without cutting any corners. That's who I would go with. However, I don't think they're taking swap jobs yet. Probably won't be too long though.

Where did you find the rolled outlander? I'm about to start looking for one as well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have found them on crashedtoys.com or crankyape.com but they always pull 5-6K for trashed machines!! Thats why I bought a new one,....I know where its been!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I spoke with Daniel at Magnum earlier this morning and he seems to know exactly what needs to be done without cutting any corners. That's who I would go with. However, I don't think they're taking swap jobs yet. Probably won't be too long though.
Thanks for the calls guys! We've been receiving ALOT of inquiries regarding the Rotax conversions. I am in the process of finishing up the two Rhino's I'm doing now and then I will post a conversion cost break down as well as time availablility.

Thanks again for all your calls and I'll make sure to do my best to get pricing together asap!!!

Daniel

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I think jay charges around 3k for the install (dont hold me to that #) He is a Can AM dealer and he can sell it to you for cost and cover warranty issues down the road if there are issues..Major peace of mind knowing Im covered for three years. Where else can you get that..:yahoo:

·
Registered
2 Posts
R1 conversions to follow.... :good:
Any word on the costs of the 800 swap yet? I want the swap but dont want the drive to AZ from So Cal...

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Any word on the costs of the 800 swap yet? I want the swap but dont want the drive to AZ from So Cal...
For a shop to do this swap it will not be cheap since there is a lot of time spent modding every thing and they do like to make a profit,I would like to hear a price on the swap to.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Any word on the cost for a rhino conversion yet..

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
call jay at desert dog he can give you the real deal:good: 480-837-0078 and if you don't want to make the drive maybe you can find someone of his soon to be customers and hook up with them to take your rhino like i am doing for lvautopro. or talk to the guy here controlled force i think he is from cali and has someone doin his, but personally I went with Jay becase of the few members that spoke highly of his shop, and quality of his work. I don't know of anybody else except dano from magnum doing the swap, but he is gonna finish his bad ass racer before he does any more swaps i think
Maybe even ask the Pro Shop they seem to know what they are doin with about any motor.

·
Registered
770 Posts
call jay at desert dog he can give you the real deal:good: 480-837-0078 and if you don't want to make the drive maybe you can find someone of his soon to be customers and hook up with them to take your rhino like i am doing for lvautopro. or talk to the guy here controlled force i think he is from cali and has someone doin his, but personally I went with Jay becase of the few members that spoke highly of his shop, and quality of his work. I don't know of anybody else except dano from magnum doing the swap, but he is gonna finish his bad ass racer before he does any more swaps i think
Maybe even ask the Pro Shop they seem to know what they are doin with about any motor.
Thanks, I'm thinking of all those options currently. My Rotax should be here sometime this week. But my Rhino is in Havasu Az. So I will be going out there on 8th to pick it up. I want to try and do as much of the swap myself with maybe some help and parts from all of the guys you spoke of. Can't wait should be fun. :D

·
Registered
770 Posts
What Can am Speedo are you guys going to use mine is coming with an 06 Outlander dash. I might change it if I can figure out how to do it. Hoping to use Ether Renegades or the 08 Outlander dash.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts