Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about a gathering or whatever you want to call it, but not a meet. In the cool AZ mountains. I know Glamis season will be starting in a couple of months. May be a gathering in Ca sometime also. Lets all get together and tell lies. Put a face with some of the posts on this new site.

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
I love the idea! I heard there is a good ride through the San Fransisco Peaks?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anybody want to suggest a date?
Mingus and San Francisco Peaks(Flagstaff) have been suggested as areas.

·
Registered
47 Posts
oh here it is...

I know of alot of good trails up mingus, those who are street legal can ride in front and back in jerome we can eat some lunch up there, and there is another trail right outside mingus that I just found that looks like it goes a long way towards sedona/clarkdale area.

let me know when and I'll try to get the rhino going by then...

how about August 2nd? I have ample parking at my house and have access to the mountain from here (off road)

·
Registered
108 Posts
oh here it is...

I know of alot of good trails up mingus, those who are street legal can ride in front and back in jerome we can eat some lunch up there, and there is another trail right outside mingus that I just found that looks like it goes a long way towards sedona/clarkdale area.

how about August 2nd? I have ample parking at my house and have access to the mountain from here (off road)
I grew up in Cottonwood and know the area really well too.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mingus area sounds good to me. I've never had the rhino in that area. Date and time ???

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree about the second.
What about Labor Day weekend? First weekend in Sept.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I agree about the second.
What about Labor Day weekend? First weekend in Sept.

That's the hard stuff about this, any weekend will have a conflict for someone. I have to work Labor Day weekend and then will be at Woods Canyon the following week. (with the Rhino :yahoo: )

One...it was your idea, you pick:) That way we can figure out our schedules

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Question guys....Ive been following this thread closely to see where your going and when because I also think it would be fun to meet up....Mingus and Flag are about 5 hour drives from Vegas...is there anything more west that you guys know about or would be willin to go to???? I heard something about a OHV area outside Kingman that is high up in the mountains... anyone know???

·
Registered
101 Posts
I stay at the bottom of Mingus. Im just waiting for a day and time and someone to second it.
Rick.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
oh here it is...

Kind feel like I am getting invited over by the Hills HAve Eye's. Being from Ca and all with the avatar. j/k. You guys are all probably as busy as me, I will do my best to make any date you set. Check the calendar for for DUmont ride Aug 30th and there migh be a Mamoth ride the 8th and or the 23rd of Aug. so if you can work around those its a start. just my .02 cents. How far of a drive from Oc is this anyways. Ow ya party in the pines is sept 1st I think Joey?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I still would like to do this. Looks like alot of runs are scheduled. Lets
keep this thread going.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am in let do this. Labor day wont work for me but will try to make any other dates. We could camp on the top of Mingus and ride Smiley rock and some other trails and end up in Jerome for a beer and burger at the haunted hamburger. I will start another thread but for the Cali guys lets get a October dune trip set up.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am in let do this. Labor day wont work for me but will try to make any other dates. We could camp on the top of Mingus and ride Smiley rock and some other trails and end up in Gerome for a beer and burger at the haunted hamburger. I will start another thread but for the Cali guys lets get a October dune trip set up.
Sounds Good! Where do you camp? Potato Patch
Have you ever rode to Sedona from Chino?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts