Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Official Dometic Recall - DometicUSA

Dometic has voluntarily recalled a population of two-door refrigerators manufactured between April 1997 and May 2003.
Mine in my weekend warrior was on the list and camping world fixed it today for free.. check yours.
Thats pretty cool, I got that notice also, is there any time limit to get this fixed by? I want to wait until the season to pull it out of storage.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I cant find my paperwork, but it was something about where the gas enters into the back of the fridge there was a connection issue, which could cause a leak and potentially a fire. They said its a 1 hour fix, and to just hang out till its done.

Mine goes in on Monday.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what is the recall for Brian????

Rog
they put a new big heat shield around the burner and looks like a new burner . i didnt have any paper work i just called camping world gave them the model number and serial number found on inside of door and they said bring it in, only took about 30 minutes. cost $ zero
they said some refers are catching on fire so dont have it fixed if you have good insurance and turn on the fridge but take the rhino out first.:D

·
Registered
659 Posts
Thanks for the info!!!!!!:clap: I was about to have worked on for that very reason, it stoped working and there was YELLOW shit all over the back! They said it was going to cost between $1000.00 (to be fixed)-$1250.00 (for a new one):mad:, now its going to be FREE! SWEET! :yahoo:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts