Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

Sand Car Jumps canal!

8K views 50 replies 16 participants last post by  foolish1 
#1 ·
Discussion starter · #13 ·
yep, Turbo you are lol....I have a life jacket
I would need to know how fast you would need to be going on take off. Then I could figure out if its possible? Probably a 120 foot jump?

Discussion starter · #20 ·
Hapa Whats the speed i need to hit here, I just put this one together lastnight Distance lip tp lip is 22' the hight of the take off is 6' and the landing is 4.5'
I always say to floor it in a Rhino ask Bruce, does depend on how long the run is. Your little jump maybe 20mph, always better to go long than come up short!!!:D

i was told the cars that jump it are only at 50 mph a guy hit it at 75mph and cleared the hole thing and flat landed and.... f%cked his car real bad
I have heard 60 to 65 is the speed? not sure:confused:

May it is only 50mph but you only have 50 yards to get to that speed.

Its a short run in.
There are places where we can get a longer run, but will the Rhino hold the 50 or 60 mph on the up hill and off the jump? You cant come up short!

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Well guys I didnt start this thread by accident, I am gaining convidence in my Rhino and its jumping ability. I would need to up grade the engine for sure. i think i can stiffen my suspension to handle a bigger hit. It is not the landing I care so much about it is clearing the canal, that would be important. Maybe if i could borrow a Rhino that is fast enough to hit a 65mph take off. I could dial in the suspension on that one, up my life insurance a little and go for it. Any one know a Rhino that can hit those speeds:D
Also my Rhino is just to dam pretty to mess up.
Maybe we should do a night ride and walk it off to find the distance. And get a better look at it.:good:

Discussion starter · #40 ·
i wounder if i did it rhinotalk would sponsor me i think i would ne help get my rhino fixed but hell i do beleve after talking to a guy that has sean it done several times and is my fab guy he said no problem but the landing
He has seen it done in a SAnd car Right?

And I dont see fixing the Rhino after the hit it is gonna take. We need to walk this off Terry, Brett, Bryan and just look at it for a while. I may be talking out my azz cause this is a BIG jump and can take or ruin your life. It is not a sand landing where it dosent hurt as much. Notice my jumps are usually a nice soft downhill sand landing. this is different hard pack and flat landing! But someone needs to do it!:good:

Discussion starter · #46 ·
I havent seen it run since the pro shop sent you the goodies Turbo. I am gonna measure and take a real good look on July 25th. i dont think a Rhino can handle the landing with out a big bounce and roll. This jump is bugging me now.

Discussion starter · #49 ·
I can just call Jeff Tilten, he is the guy who does all Red Bulls events at Glamis, He did Pastran's lastest video premier last year at our spot. That was cool my kids were all over Pastrana's little helicopter he brought out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.