Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some billet latches for the Rhino. Not the entire setup just the handle. I tried to install but the stockers have round studs on the end. The new ones don't but have a machined hole where studs could go. The handles won't stay in the latch without them. Any ideas or did I not get all the parts? Thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope so because I don't want to spend the rest of the money on the latches right now. I just dropped a couple hundred on the Rhino at the dealer for some service work.:mad:

·
Registered
210 Posts
you have to have dowel pins they should have came with them go to ace is the place and take both pieces and just get pins for each side Dam I know everything I should be the president here

they normally are 3/16 round by 1" to 1 1/4 long

·
Registered
210 Posts
you could use a wood pin a plastic pin a couple of unobtainum pins but they are made for dowel pins 3/16 normally they slide in the holes in the sides of the new latches and sit in the little round slots in the latch housing as much time as ive spent on this I could have install 2 sets i think i want out of this president job it sucks

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Some people have other other jobs and just do this on the weekends so I don't know as much about this stuff as you or I wouldn't have asked for the help. I appreciate your time and expertise in the subject. Thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
I like helping or I wouldnt have ....lol I just happen to have another real job too

1 Spec homes
2 Commercial Landlord 3 Shopping centers 50000 SQ FT 36 Tenants
3 A-Action Trailers Trailer sales and Parts
4 Sandblastermotorsports.com
5 Dad to 5 Girls
6 Husband
7 Utvcrap.com
8 Being a pain in the ass on the forums 7 of them

If you need anymore help let me know and if your in phoenix bring it over ill supply the pins and install them for FREE Im just not big on typing

·
Registered
261 Posts
Pins

I own a fastener company also, if you still need pins let me know. We are in Mesa, and they will be free..

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
UTV Crap,
I didn't mean that you don't have a real job. Even if UTV Crap was your only job that is a full time job by itself!! The way the UTV aftermarket has gone crazy. I do appreciate you help, all of you who have replied. I'm going to ACE later and will let you know if I will need the pins or not. Thanks again.

Justin

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.