Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner

Should the X-18 Buggy be allowed to race the UTV class?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is Whiplash allowing this buggy to race with UTVs? I pit for one of the UTV teams and find this absurd. This buggy has a 2.2L engine in it! Whiplash rules clearly state that there is a 1000cc limit. For those that dunt have an egucatune that is 2200cc's. I have heard some nonsense spewed about the transmission only allows it to do 70mph which I seriously doubt, but so what. That is irrelevant. Have you seen how fast this thing is? It has 170hp. Whiplash needs to put that thing in a class it belongs in which is with the rest of the trucks/buggies. I'm also not sure why the owner of this buggy would want to race UTVs. I would be embarassed if I took a podium spot in this. Actually no I wouldn't, because I would not enter it in this CLASS!

X-18 Intimidator website

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J961MiGNcE]Video[/ame]

·
Registered
442 Posts
No way

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Interesting first post HunterDude, Welcome to the site!

The centrifugal clutch is the deciding component at some races, . Has a simular training to the UTV with the Belt drive.

It is a totally different animal, I will stick with the Rhino!

·
Registered
792 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
I don't think the poster is trying to sell this thing. That is what I consider SPAM. I think it is a pretty cool buggy, but don't think it should be racing UTVs. Justin lost a Third place trophy because this. I would like to hear from the ppl who think it should be alowed to race.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.