Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought a set up from BPR - Auto meter gauge and the inline hose sending unit -anyways my gauge will only read up to 160 and thats it.

it stops there. what is wrong? it has a good ground aswell and everything seems to be hooked up right.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
why get rid of the light?? there is a bleder scrue on top of the water inlet.just install it there and its thick enoff to tap if your sensoer is to big. thats the way i would do it hell of a lot easyer

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
why get rid of the light?? there is a bleder scrue on top of the water inlet.just install it there and its thick enoff to tap if your sensoer is to big. thats the way i would do it hell of a lot easyer
Well then why add a gauge??? No need for an idiot light that tells you it is overtemped , when if you have a gauge you see it coming, which is the point Terry. LOL

Kyle,, I would say the sensor is not matched to the gauge, ohms may be off. this has happened several times with BRP setups. Does the ground go to the motor where the Batt ground is connected??? if not try it there first and see if it changes.

Normal seems to be around 180-190 for the rhinos.

Rog

·
Registered
49 Posts
Kyle,, I would say the sensor is not matched to the gauge, ohms may be off. this has happened several times with BRP setups. Does the ground go to the motor where the Batt ground is connected??? if not try it there first and see if it changes.

Normal seems to be around 180-190 for the rhinos.

Rog
it is gounded to where my surepower battery seperator is gounded. BPR is suppost to call me and send me out a new set up.
I even tried putting a second ground on it - there is a spot on the in line that you screw in a small all thread with a nut to gound the in line part.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
it is gounded to where my surepower battery seperator is gounded. BPR is suppost to call me and send me out a new set up.
I even tried putting a second ground on it - there is a spot on the in line that you screw in a small all thread with a nut to gound the in line part.
well if they have not sent it yet, try this, remove the ground wire from sensor and get a small hose clamp and clamp it to the body of the inline tube you put in and see if it changes. this would be a temp trial fix. if no change then I would still assume the sensor is wrong.

Rog

·
Registered
49 Posts
well if they have not sent it yet, try this, remove the ground wire from sensor and get a small hose clamp and clamp it to the body of the inline tube you put in and see if it changes. this would be a temp trial fix. if no change then I would still assume the sensor is wrong.

Rog
ok thanks I will try that

·
Registered
61 Posts
here is the one I have

Equus WATER TEMPERATURE GAUGE WITH 4-COLOR ILLUMINATION : JC Whitney: Auto Parts & Accessories

if the sensor provided does not fit the stock location then call Doug at Goblin Offroad or just get the whole thing from him.

Rog sent ya
Rog,
I ordered the 2" gauge. Did the sensor fit your stock location...and where is the stock location? I didn't get a manual with my Rhino and really never worried about this before. But for the price of that gauge and sender...that's cheap insurance.

Dale

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Rog,
I ordered the 2" gauge. Did the sensor fit your stock location...and where is the stock location? I didn't get a manual with my Rhino and really never worried about this before. But for the price of that gauge and sender...that's cheap insurance.

Dale
The stock location is behind the Carb on drivers side. there is the overtemp wire attached to it. Closer to the driver is the Bleeder bolt on the water neck.

There are very few out there that fit the stock sensor location, most are inline with the water hoses, and can work well, wired properly.

Hey Dale, can you PM me a price for one of your 8x10 checkered flag camp mats????

Rog

·
Registered
49 Posts

Rog
hey I tried this and still did not work?

what ever I plan on just sending this one back next week

·
Registered
61 Posts
Rog,:clap: Just wondering if you tapped the stock temp location? It seems like the supplied adapters are too big to tap this location. Let me know where or how you installed the sensor. I don't think you can buy a smaller sensor for the gauge you recommended/use. The pic shows the smallest adapter nut and the sensor nut. Both have to be used to seal properly....can't just use the sensor nut without the adapter.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
what can i do for a temp gauge on my rotax swap?? in line probably?? makes me a little nervous with all the new power and no oil cooler..

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rog,:clap: Just wondering if you tapped the stock temp location? It seems like the supplied adapters are too big to tap this location. Let me know where or how you installed the sensor. I don't think you can buy a smaller sensor for the gauge you recommended/use. The pic shows the smallest adapter nut and the sensor nut. Both have to be used to seal properly....can't just use the sensor nut without the adapter.
:confused:
bump

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
My sensor fit right in the stock location, you have a mechanical unit, I have the electrical one and that has the small sensor!!!

The mechanical ones cannot be made that small that I have ever seen. I heard that Kragen can get Iequus gauges also!

Rog

·
Registered
620 Posts
My sensor fit right in the stock location, you have a mechanical unit, I have the electrical one and that has the small sensor!!!

The mechanical ones cannot be made that small that I have ever seen. I heard that Kragen can get Iequus gauges also!

Rog
Good price, but is that water/dust resistant at all? :confused:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts