Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is a must view for those who do not know already how to read their tires. please watch all the way through. you safety may be at stake.

Rog

ABC News

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Rog- Im actually dealing with this issue right now....on a recent trip my hauler ruined three tires, 2 of em detreaded and the third the sidewall had a crack at the bead...my trailer is a 2007' after I started looking into I also learned about this code and Im now trying to get reimbursed for tires that were 3 years old before the trailer was even built!
I was lucky I didnt even ruin the fenders on my WW... let alone have an accident...but this issue is a big deal!

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my friend went through 5 of 6 on his WW. seemed like every trip home at the same spot on hwy 8 bang there went another. the last two took out the inside of the wheel well and the floor. insurance was the only way to repair.

with what we haul to the Dez it could be a real problem for us and our families. Some of them roadsides are not friendly, if ya know what I mean.

Rog

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
great link rog..:clap:
and good luck on that bryan, bet that scared the poop out of ya, would me.

Hey Diesel can we make this a sticky in the saftey cat.or whatever the voodoo that you do is. Should be up front so people can see it and learn in case they don't know.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
thats funny how WW puts shit ass tires on one of the most expensive trailers!!! WTF???

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Its not just WW(way to try to throw them under the bus Blake) its all of them including your tow rig and your wifes car, go out and check your mfg. dates...transmaster(greenball tire mfg.) is who I am dealing w/ not WW....greenball gave WW tires that were 3 years old b4 they ever left their facility....thats what you should be saying what the fuck to!

By the way Ive since learned that if you underinflate them by 10-15 psi then the chance of this happening isnt as great because the tire still has flexibilty when it gets hot and itll heat itself up to your correct pressure instead of past that point and also the speed you pull at has alot to do w/ it as well....anytime you pull your trailer at speeds at/over 75mph the chances of a blowout almost triple!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Remember guys, trailer tires are also unregulated pieces of shit. If you have them on your trailers, get rid of them. Not only date wise, but because the gov't does not set ANY standards for them. Thanks for the info Rog, this should help alot of guys

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yeah Blake, I am sure Attitude put the "highest quality" tires on their trailers! You just jinxed yourself! LOL

Rog the link isnt working for me...says the video is no longer?

That figures, effin liberal news.

Check for the tire date after where it says DOT the last set of numbers embossed in a little oval. first numbers are the week and then the year of mfr. ex: 1604 is the 16th week of 2004.

On another note: Do not trust the load range. all load range "E" are not the same weight rating BTW, some "D"s are just as close. it depends on size of tire and mfr.

EX: a 235/85/16 load "E" generally is about 3042 lbs but a 265/75/16 load "E" is 3440 lbs. pay attention people to what your buying.

Rog

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Thanks for the info and link, I am going to check mine for sure! i learn new stuff from you all the time. If you ever want to start Junior College i will enroll!

Just like when I was a kid safety first the off to Auto shop! Take apart some poor kids moms car. lol

Rog's Institute of Technology

RIT San Diego

Higher Learning

·
Registered
442 Posts
Tire safty

Always check your tires. Utv or rv or toyhauler or truck.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Its not just WW(way to try to throw them under the bus Blake)

did that just to f with Joey, he gets all butthurt if you mention WW...:mad: JK, joey is a rhinostar now, can i get my sidexside mag signed?

BTW, Brian, you owe me a tour guide service of coral pink!!! LOL

·
Registered
0 Posts
Blake your int he Rhino with me........I want to say that without Blake the Mexico trip would not have been the same!!!! Blake can be my Co Dog anytime! not sure he ever wants to be my co dog again after the few close moments we had!! LOL

But back to the topic!

I just re read my post above and it sounds gay.......the close moments I was reffering to was almost driving us into a tree truck and off a cliff...n ot close as in "hold me I'm scared" close.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts