Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks man! This sure makes for a great first post here on Rhino talk! It means everything to us to keep out customers happy by giving them what they want or need. For those of you that dont kow us, we are a small company that makes primarily Rhino skid plates and suspention gussets. If you need anything custom, we can most likely do that too.

Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
122 Posts
Chris ROCKS!!

Chris at Trail Logic is a great guy and builds a quality product,,,, Chris getting booted from that other place was the last straw for me,,, that's when I stopped login in. Chris built some gusset plates for my car,,,, they are the sh!t.

Great product,,,, better price,,,, hard to beat that!!!!

sample of Chris' work if you haven't seen them before....

I still want some skids Chris,,, PM me when you get a sec.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Chris at Trail Logic is a great guy and builds a quality product,,,, Chris getting booted from that other place was the last straw for me,,, that's when I stopped login in. Chris built some gusset plates for my car,,,, they are the sh!t.

What do you mean RF booted him?? because he would not pay to be a vendor or what??? He does make some quality shiz-nit I have the rear with light on my 07 and love it.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Chris does awesome work.... I drive my Rhino like I stole it. Those of you that have been on a ride with me know that I try to damage my Rhino. If I see a big rock I hit it or try to go over it. The plastic skid plates were gone the first day I had my Rhino. Since then I went thru 3 sets of Aluminum Skids from HCR. Chris made me a set of skids and they looked great. There is not a dent on them so far and beleive me I tried. They worked so good I bought another set for my brothers Rhino. Best price on the best skids and Chris is a good guy.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I run his diff support and skids and they rock. I did slam that front skid good on Bee Canyon last Saturday but its still there. Great service, products, pricing... can't go wrong.

·
Registered
108 Posts
What do you mean RF booted him?? because he would not pay to be a vendor or what??? He does make some quality shiz-nit I have the rear with light on my 07 and love it.
That's not exactly how it was. RFN did ask me to stop selling on that site because I am not a site vendor. It was done very nicely and I totally understand that. Some time ago I had tried to become a site vendor there but IMHO we are just not "big" enough. That site was good to me I wont bad mouth them.

Trail Logic is a small company. We have some nice equipment including a CNC plasma table that allows us to make some great parts. Because we are small and I still have a "real job" we’re not into mass production. This allows us to take care of our customers like they are all our best friends, because frankly that's the way we see it. I would like the company grow (that's not up to me, it's up to my customers) but not at the expense of that personal touch.

Right now we offer front and rear aluminum skid plates that are oversized versions of the stockers. We also have front A-arm/CV skids for all Rhinos and rear A-arm/CV skids for 07 and older Rhinos. The full 6 pc set is 172 plus 15 shipping for 07’s and older, for the 4 pc set that fits 08 and older (no rear A-arm/CV skids) it’s 147 plus 15 shipping. Just the front and rear skids are 118 shipped. These prices are a little higher than they had been, it’s all because of material cost going sky high.

We also have a full set of bolt on suspension gussets for all Rhinos. They consist of front and rear differential gussets and front and rear A-arm gussets like the ones Mantis posted above, (thanks buddy!) they are powder coated matt black, $155 shipped. This complete 4 pc set is not much more than one part from the big names and do the same job without expecting you to sport my cut in logo on your ride.

If you are interested in any of these parts, please e-mail me at [email protected] or give me a call at 520-705-7444, if I don’t answer I will return the call. I’ll probably be at that “real job” where I cant have my phone. I usually have these parts in stock and can ship within a couple of days.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
122 Posts
Booted

Well,,, you are very gracious Chris,,,, I consider that booted, since you were one of the early members that helped get them as big as they were..... Sorry if I mis-spoke.

Your product fills a niche that nobody else is filling,,,, you took $0 away from their sponsors. I wanted gusset plates for my car for a long time,,, but nobody made a gusset plate that suited my tastes/budget until you made yours. You were always willing to share your knowledge and experience and push the site sponsored events etc. etc.,, with the hopes that you may be able to sell a few items to help yourself out as well. That's at least 50% of the reason most of us "small time" business owners make the time in our incredibly busy lives to support sites in the manner we do,,,, but it seems sometimes that unless you "cut a check",, you're simply not a "Site Supporter".

To me, they were always there with a hand out when members were willing or asked to assist them,,, but not nearly as willing to reciprocate. I'm just bitter I guess..?:eek: Never been a fan of that kind of "Become what you run from" hypocrisy.

(stepping off of the soap-box now,,, sorry bout that:confused:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
yep great guy! just ordered some stuff yesterday from him.
so it better be delivered when I get home today!!
lol

Thanks again

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hey Chris... I finally managed to crack and wad up the front corner on my 1/8" front aluminum skid. How thick are the new ones?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome aboard Chris, let me know if your got that rear light/gusset kit sorted out yet, like mantis has on his.
Hey man, glad to be here! I have ordered 20 of the harness'. My supplier had three in stock and is sending them this week. Two of them are already sold. I'll let you know when they get here if you want?

Hey Chris... I finally managed to crack and wad up the front corner on my 1/8" front aluminum skid. How thick are the new ones?
I can make you one from the same 3/16 as the back if you want. The only reason I am not doing them all that way is that a sheet of 3/16 material is $375 bucks, and that's about a 100 off retail! Twice what I was paying a year ago.

Chris

·
Registered
155 Posts
The Trail Logic skids are worth every penny! We just returned from the Alpine Loop in Colorado. They were tested crossing raging streams, bouncing off rocks. Only have scratches on them. I thought for sure they would be bent!
The front also helped in knocking down the snow. I highly recomend these skids. Thanks again Chris

·
Registered
108 Posts
Moss's is only the second one out of several hundred sold that I have heard has been bent up. While the 1/8 sounds thin, they really are tuff, in fact I run one on my ride and try to bash it too, nothing but scratches. If anyone wants a 3/16 front plate, no problem!

C.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Well,,, you are very gracious Chris,,,, I consider that booted, since you were one of the early members that helped get them as big as they were..... Sorry if I mis-spoke.

Your product fills a niche that nobody else is filling,,,, you took $0 away from their sponsors. I wanted gusset plates for my car for a long time,,, but nobody made a gusset plate that suited my tastes/budget until you made yours. You were always willing to share your knowledge and experience and push the site sponsored events etc. etc.,, with the hopes that you may be able to sell a few items to help yourself out as well. That's at least 50% of the reason most of us "small time" business owners make the time in our incredibly busy lives to support sites in the manner we do,,,, but it seems sometimes that unless you "cut a check",, you're simply not a "Site Supporter".

To me, they were always there with a hand out when members were willing or asked to assist them,,, but not nearly as willing to reciprocate. I'm just bitter I guess..?:eek: Never been a fan of that kind of "Become what you run from" hypocrisy.

(stepping off of the soap-box now,,, sorry bout that:confused:)
I am sorry you had to deal with the machine that has become rf.net

The whole purpose of a RHINO forum is to help INFORM the members of the best products and worst products available, regardless if there a site sponsor or not.
To many of there vendors have control of that site and all they have to do is cry to keep someone else out of there pockets.
The good thing is you seem to have a solid company and product and that will make you stand out over the so called "bigger" guys.
welcome to rhinotalk, you won't be shoved out here.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts