Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor knows we have quads, Motorcycles and UTV and he asked me if I knew who would be able to work on his older Yamaha quad his BIL gave him. I told him Champion would be a good start and to avoid going on a ridenow. He wants to know what year it is. I think it is an early 90's model See photos.

By the way, What is that tank in the back? It's not the fuel tank. Could this be a 2 stroke?

Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle Tread

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Shorts

Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Shorts

·
Registered
466 Posts
My neighbor knows we have quads, Motorcycles and UTV and he asked me if I knew who would be able to work on his older Yamaha quad his BIL gave him. I told him Champion would be a good start and to avoid going on a ridenow. He wants to know what year it is. I think it is an early 90's model See photos.

By the way, What is that tank in the back? It's not the fuel tank. Could this be a 2 stroke?

View attachment 407

View attachment 408

View attachment 409

View attachment 410
whats in the rear tank oil or coolant, could be just a coolant tank...:confused:

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
it's a blaster and that is for the oil injection. the blaster mixes it's own oil at the carb. blasters are air cooled. pretty quick little suckers too.

Rog

·
Registered
49 Posts
it's a blaster and that is for the oil injection. the blaster mixes it's own oil at the carb. blasters are air cooled. pretty quick little suckers too.

Rog
yeah like Rog said that is a oil reservoir for the oil injection.

all baster motors are the same so no need to really know what year it is.

real simple motor to build

·
Registered
96 Posts
thats a 94-96 blaster, the tank is oil inj like everyone said. the inj pump usually quits and locks up the rod. we usually put block off plates on them then mix the fuel. we do about three blasters a week. not real expensive to repair.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Boy, who hasn't had a blaster! Bullerproof little quads!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I was out of town and couldn't respond back sooner. I told my neighbor today and he seemed quite happy that it could be fixed. He also said that he was going to paint the rims and the purple body parts.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
you can rebuild the whole quad for a couple hundred bucks! And they still make hop-up parts for them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts