Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What benders do you guys use? Anyone familiar with the JD2 model 3? What dies are you using for cages/bumpers?

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
I have it

Moss,

I have that one, 4 dies.

1", 1 1/4", 1 1/2" and a 1" square. Don't have a 1 3/4" though.

Also have the Bendtech software that I am learning.

Rog

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moss,

I have that one, 4 dies.

1", 1 1/4", 1 1/2" and a 1" square. Don't have a 1 3/4" though.

Also have the Bendtech software that I am learning.

Rog
So you only have square tube dies? You should work for Nasa if you get those square tubes to match up to the Rhinos round tubes.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Duh... makes more sense when I re-read it. Well I may need to pick your brain. How do you like that bender?

I like it, I am making nerf bars now. takes some practice to get the bends to land where you need them but so far so good. Very easy to pull 1 1/2" with the long handle too.

Are you far away form ramona, ca 92065

You are more than welcome to come down on a weekend to make some stuff.

I also have a 40" sheet metal brake, bead roller, plazma cutter, flat bar bender, metal lathe. Mig welder, etc.....

Rog

·
Registered
227 Posts
i have one from mtech supplies i believe they are out of AZ. just use 1inch and 1 3/4 with the large radius die so you can bend thinner wall tube.the bend radius are rated for the tube thicknesses also certain organizations specify bend radius on cage work like score core etc. so if you plan on racing you may want to look into that

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no racing here, but I want it safe. I just want to get my hands on some fab tools at this point and see what I can do.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yeah I have an M-tech bender as well.

I dig the thing, easy to work with and I just upgraded it to hydraulic. Its like cheating.

I have 3/4, 1, 1 1/4, 1 1/2, and 1 3/4 dies.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I like it, I am making nerf bars now. takes some practice to get the bends to land where you need them but so far so good. Very easy to pull 1 1/2" with the long handle too.

Are you far away form ramona, ca 92065

You are more than welcome to come down on a weekend to make some stuff.

I also have a 40" sheet metal brake, bead roller, plazma cutter, flat bar bender, metal lathe. Mig welder, etc.....

Rog
Im looking to get a lathe too now that I have the mill I have to have one...I use bend tech pro roger once you get it set up its sweet

·
Registered
157 Posts
What kind of money are we talking about for a good basic tube bender with 1" and 1 3/4" dies ?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The JD2 model 3 is 300 and the dies are about $175 each. But you can upgrade the JD2 with a hydraulic pump and it can get spendy after you add in a hand full of dies. But you should be good to go for under a grand by going the manual route.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Ive got a protools bender... with the air over hydrolic set up with 1",1 1/4", 1 1/2", and 1 3/4" dies.... ive also got mig, tube nothcers and all the goodies... i LOVE that bender!

·
Registered
785 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
that bender seems very reasonable... how do you like it?
i like it alot... makes REALLY nice bends... if you see some benders kinda warp the tube when they bend and this one doesnt. plus the air over hydrolic makes it so i can have a beer in my hand while i push the foot lever... cant beat that!:good: i need to get some pics of the work i have done... i put a 10 gal fuel cell and made a 26 can cooler rack!!! its funny... i went out with a 18 pack of BL and some sparks and ice it was PACKED! got done had a bunch of dented cans but no breaks or spills!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts