Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am heading to Pismo on the 25th for a few days and wanted to put an Outerwares pre-filter on my Uni hard mount filter. I can't find one anywhere on the web. Is anybody putting a pre-filter on their foam filters or are only the K&N users doing this? From your experiences in the sand w/foam filters, do they clog up fast?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Hey guys, I am heading to Pismo on the 25th for a few days and wanted to put an Outerwares pre-filter on my Uni hard mount filter. I can't find one anywhere on the web. Is anybody putting a pre-filter on their foam filters or are only the K&N users doing this? From your experiences in the sand w/foam filters, do they clog up fast?
call john at the proshop monday and he'll hook you up
(714)892-1300

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Hey... ill be there too! hit me up for a ride, ill show u what some rhino tail light look like! LOL J/K

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am still using my air box. I can remove the lid if I want but at sea level I will keep it on. I just hear a lot of duners say you need to run a pre-filter because you will plug up the filter too quick in the sand. I run a Outerware on my LTZ400 that has the hard mount K&N and wouldn't run it w/out it on that type filter. It works great. So I should be fine with the Uni in the air box w/out the Outerware?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts