Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you guys adjust your valves or just run them...my attitude is if it aint broke dont mess with it.....you know being high performace motors, they might grenade on ya....

·
Registered
15 Posts
We highly recommed have the valves adjusted to keep the motor running strong.If you have noticed when you lax on your maintance is when problems occur.

·
Registered
96 Posts
keeping the valves adjusted properly is a must! the valves tighten up and compression goes away to the point where it wont run we adjust valves about 20 hrs

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We highly recommed have the valves adjusted to keep the motor running strong.If you have noticed when you lax on your maintance is when problems occur.
thats the prob, never had any problems so far....:confused:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I am sure everybody will disagree with me..... But

I wouldnt mess with them. I dont even change my oil or clean my air filter. Just drive it like you stole it and it will be fine.

I have 3500 miles on mine without any problems.... I had the dealer adjust them at 20 hours but I dont think he really did it. He didnt remove my 4 seat cage and I have been told that it cant be done with it on. I just wanted a receipt saying it had been done for my warranty.

I have heard of the valves on the Rhino being a little on the tight side but I have not heard anybody report that they were way off..... Just slightly off. It wouldnt hurt anything.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
i adjust mine every trip, and they always tighten up on me. especially for the guys who are "on the wood" the whole time, its a must for top performance. be glad to help anyone out who lives close enough, im in temecula.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Andre, they are not that hard to do and they do tighten up. When i did mine the hardest part was the exhaust valves as they were not as easy to get to as the intakes, but by no means are they real hard to do. The rockers have adjuster screws on them so you dont have to take off the valve cover and cam to adjust. I think it took me 45 minutes mainly because I was following the manual. If you want some help doing them PM me and I will come over and help you.

·
Registered
96 Posts
if you have motion pro feeler guages they will fit without removing the cage and without tilting the bed we charge 125 to adjust valves on rhinos with cages on them. the reason the valves get tight is because the springs dont have enough seat pressure so at high rpms the valves bounce off the seats. the biggest thing is take your time adjusting your valves.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Andre, they are not that hard to do and they do tighten up. When i did mine the hardest part was the exhaust valves as they were not as easy to get to as the intakes, but by no means are they real hard to do. The rockers have adjuster screws on them so you dont have to take off the valve cover and cam to adjust. I think it took me 45 minutes mainly because I was following the manual. If you want some help doing them PM me and I will come over and help you.
thanks for the offer.....:good:

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
OK WHAT THE HELL IS WITH .10MM FOR A VALAE LASH I HAVE 4 SETS OF FEALER'S AND NONE OF THEM HAVE .10MM !!!!!!GIVE ME A v8sorry caps agin

1 - 20 of 21 Posts