Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad:If you live in Vegas or ride in the Jean valley you need to coment on this we have until July 15, Also if they are going to close this area they need to open up an area of equal size above what we already have. You can read more at MRANracing.com pit board

It is being proposed by the Solar Energy Industry to install panels on Knight Ranch road where our pit area is. They are wanting to shutdown approx. 6000 acres in this valley. This will completly close down OHV use in this area. In addition to this proposal they are proposing to close off approx. 280,000 acres throughout the Las Vegas District.

We have until Tuesday July 15 to place public comments and try and stop this from happening. I went to the BLM office yesterday and found out this information. I strongly suggest and insist that ALL MRAN members submit a comment objecting to this proposal and request that if this area is closed the BLM be required to reestablish and equal size area with the same miles of trails in another area in their district within close proximity to Las Vegas. This new area would be in addition to any remaining OHV areas (Nellis Dunes).

Here is the link to comment Solar Energy Development PEIS Public Comment Form

Thanks Zack Livreri

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nellis Dunes and EL Dorado Valley are also endangered. This eventually is going to effect offroad racing in these areas. Hopefully the Herbst boys dont lose Primm (private land). Most of the racing organizations like SNORE, SCORE and BEST in the DESERT are also joining to keep this from happening. Good Luck to you guys. I like racing these areas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts