Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what you guys are doing on your new full race cages.
How far off the floor board are you mounting your seats?
and How Wide are you making the floor and the top of the door (not the roof) ?

We're a ways away from the cage but I was just curious. Todd came by and we were doing a little measuring to see if we could do the 3 seater/center seat driver. The driver's seat would sit forward 6" to 8" and the 2 side seats would just over lap behind the drivers seat. The problem is the center seat would have to be up higher then I would like. This would make itt comfortable to reach the pedals and not have your knees so straight like your driving a sandrail.
So, I had no idea what you guys are measuring out at.
Thanks!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tore it completely down for one reason and that was because I wanted to get it sandblasted so it will be easier to weld on. The frame is going to get repowdercoated anyways because the entire cage will be welded onto it.
To tell you the truth, I wish I did a roller dual sport not a mini. O-well there's always the season after next. I'm sure I'll get somebody wanting to buy it after I complete the build.

So what's up builders? know body knows what widths they are building or own???? I'm not going to copy your cage. I am just currious on some sizes.:good:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would have to agree....Tom Pro is just about the best Mini Buggy out there. IMO. But for ther Type 3 model @ $65,000 !!!! I think I'd go with a SU fullsize buggy and fit the whole family in it and still spank the Tom pros ass.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts