Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to keep my bag under 100 pounds. What parts go bad the most, hopefully that are fixable on a ride. If you want include great universal tools also. If it can be carried in a Rhino that is a plus ofcourse.

I am thinking if i did Baja or the mountains what kind of care pack do you guys Bring?

This is not for a short Glamis ride necessarily. but can keep this bag in your trailer at Glamis.

Maybe a vendor could come up with a Rhino Care Pack to sell if there is enough interest.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Interesting thread Rick...
1. Spare Tire
2. front spindle(not from HCR)
3. fuel filter
4. spark plug
5. stock cdi

·
Registered
466 Posts
9. hippo
10. cock snapper for the rear end:laugh:
11. fuel line

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
ok hapa this is a good start
10mm13mm15mm17mm open end wrench and sockets and a 12in cresant

tie rods right and left complet end to end

take one of you a arm bolts out mach it take 8 of them with lock nuts and some of the othe size on the rhino

wier and butt conectors elc. tape and a pice of alluminum foil

flash light- knif-frist aid kit-one bottel of distilled water -supper glue

co/2 tier inflater with plugs

all under 30lbs

·
Registered
466 Posts
ok hapa this is a good start
10mm13mm15mm17mm open end wrench and sockets and a 12in cresant

tie rods right and left complet end to end

take one of you a arm bolts out mach it take 8 of them with lock nuts and some of the othe size on the rhino

wier and butt conectors elc. tape and a pice of alluminum foil

flash light- knif-frist aid kit-one bottel of distilled water -supper glue

co/2 tier inflater with plugs

all under 30lbs
how many of the c02 inflater tubes does it take to inflate a rhino tire?:confused:

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1. Spare Tire
2. front spindle(not from HCR)
3. fuel filter
4. spark plug
5. stock cdi
6. Belt
7. MaterCraft tool bag with neccessary tools only
8. Tierod
9. fuel line
10. 10mm13mm15mm17mm open end wrench and sockets and a 12in cresant
11.tie rods right and left complet end to end
12. wier and butt conectors elc. tape and a pice of alluminum foil
13. co/2 tier inflater with plugs
14. flash light- knif-frist aid kit-one bottel of distilled water -supper glue

·
Registered
106 Posts
First thing to do if your going for a ride of that nature is to keep your driving habits in check. Usually agressive driving is what breaks the big stuff. 100 miles from home and "hey lets go jump that! oops!".......
1 tow strap
2 jumper cables
3 sparkplug
4 fuel filter
5 spare tire
6 hand tools
7 quart of oil
8 duct tape
9 water/coolant
That would be a good start and most would fit in a container under the drivers seat.

·
Registered
466 Posts
what containers are u using to store under the seat, all i find it is too small or way to big...something you can buy at walmart/ homedepot........:eek:k:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
First thing to do if your going for a ride of that nature is to keep your driving habits in check. Usually agressive driving is what breaks the big stuff. 100 miles from home and "hey lets go jump that! oops!".......
1 tow strap
2 jumper cables
3 sparkplug
4 fuel filter
5 spare tire
6 hand tools
7 quart of oil
8 duct tape
9 water/coolant
That would be a good start and most would fit in a container under the drivers seat.
zoomer- that pretty much sums up my repair kit except I also have a can of fix a flat and a tire plug kit.....no water/coolant though..Ill have to add that!
I have it in a big tupperware cont. hijacked from the wife and it is under the drivers seat w/ a bungee never know its there....

·
Registered
106 Posts
My wife found a rubbermade container that is a little smaller than the area under the sea. I cu a piece of foam cusion material to fit between the tub and the bottom of the sea. It hold the container and I dont have straps to deal with when I pull it out. Another buddy of mine uses a battery box.

My trailer on the other hand is a part house....axles a rack hardware.etc etc

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
if a kit dont inclued this you dont have nothing to fix you and then i can get a free ride with tools :yahoo:

·
Registered
466 Posts
if a kit dont inclued this you dont have nothing to fix you and then i can get a free ride with tools :yahoo:
someone call an bambulance,:confused: i think he is having a stroke?????

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
had these in my Baja backpack keep this stuff light weight

Bars leaks
JB weld
space bag to sleep in
glow sticks
fold up rain poncho
misquito repellant wipes
granola bars

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Super important! Keep the wingnuts in check. I know I was probably the worst wing nut when i stated Baja!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Not to reroute this thread but my wife carries all sort of crap. TP, chap stick, umbrellas, lotions wipes, ponchos .....the kitchen sink....and thats before we go to the purse :(

1 - 20 of 50 Posts