Votes: 28 52.8%
  • Maxxis Bighorn 2.0

Votes: 8 15.1%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the Duro Power Grips, Goodyear MT/R, ITP Terracross R/T, Maxxis Bighorn, and the Maxxis Bighorn 2.0. I was wondering which one of these tires you guy would run on trail and why?

Travis

·
Registered
106 Posts
hard to go wrong with Bighorns.:good:

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
I am running the MT/Rs right now and they have been great!

Big Horns as you can see are also a very popular choice.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I am running the Bighorns. 1500 miles with only 1 puncture(on Alpine Loop). Tires still look great and are Baja Proven!

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
keep us posted on the MT/R's this season Dp. i bet these get more popular as the season goes on. I might try these next even though I voted for BIg Horns

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
what about these, Maxxis Cerros i have been asking about these and no-one has any info I think they are fn bad built specifically for UTV and they look tight. like to know how they perform

url=http://www.rhinotalk.net/media/showphoto.php/photo/121]
[/url]http://www.rhinotalk.net/media/data//2/thumbs/msx_cerro2.jpg[/img][/url]

·
Registered
379 Posts
what about these, Maxxis Cerros i have been asking about these and no-one has any info I think they are fn bad built specifically for UTV and they look tight. like to know how they perform

url=http://www.rhinotalk.net/media/showphoto.php/photo/121]
[/url]http://www.rhinotalk.net/media/data//2/thumbs/msx_cerro2.jpg[/img][/url]

Yeah, the Cerros does look like a cool tire. Unfortunately, same status as the Big Horn 2.0s. I talked to a friend at Maxxis in GA about two weeks ago and at that time the tires were'nt even on the boat yet (from Taiwan).
You got some kind of extra special inside scoop Jimmmyzz?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Yeah, the Cerros does look like a cool tire. Unfortunately, same status as the Big Horn 2.0s. I talked to a friend at Maxxis in GA about two weeks ago and at that time the tires were'nt even on the boat yet (from Taiwan).

Still waitting! Rocky mountain ATV showed the 14"s were in stock last week and said the rest would be in today. I just checked to see what the status was but now they are saying all of them "Not in Stock"

·
Registered
889 Posts
BigHorns 2.0's now in stock! I have 6 sets!

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I run the stockers... Cheap and easy!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Tires and wheels are my delima. I have decided on some moose rims but the tires are the problem, so many different kinds out there for the Rhino. Most of my riding is in west virginia and NC. Red mud, creek sand, rocks, hills, and occasionally some swamp land. and of course the occasional run into town to pick up supplies so you have to ad some asphlt in there. I have looked at many tires and there are so many to chose from. I seen in a magazine that the STI Roctane was rated the best all round tire but the tread depth is under an Inch. Here is what I am looking for, A radial tire that has at least 1 inch of tread depth, has a rim guard, is under 28 lbs, and is 8 or 6 ply. The 2 I like most are the kenda bear claw HTR and the STI Black Diamond XTR but neither one says anything about a rim guard and that is important to me. Any suggestions?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts