Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of you have cut down the weight of your Rhinos but has anyone weighed theirs? I wonder who has the lightest Rhino out there that is still safe and functional. After looking over the Magnum Rhino I figure mine must be a couple hundred pounds heavier.... that thing is stripped down, light and bad ass. How much weight do you think you have loss or added from stock? I'd say I added about 50lbs

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I had mine weighed at 1350. Thats with a full tank of gas and the heavy ass 27" itp mud lites.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I took mine to the scales before we did the suspension build. That way King would know how to set up the shocks and we could see how much we added.

That was with the light bar

now deduct the light bar weight,

not too bad for a 4 seater cage and a lot of suspension adds. just those 8 shocks alone weigh a shit load.

·
Registered
792 Posts
yes, we added 140 lbs total. but if you minus the quick release light bar and still keep the actuator on the cage....We added less then 100 lbs to the car.

I got so much crap from other members how the car was going to be so heavy and it was a stupid idea to run duals. Then when I wrote up my review of the finished weight people still didn't believe me. Thats why I made sure to take pics of it on the scales.
:D

I'm hoping to get below 1200 with the new cage and R1 swap.

one little cheat.....I was running knobbies with beadlocks on the first weight and then sand tires on the final weight.

·
Registered
250 Posts
mine prolly weighs around what yours ways gregc, the front is pretty light i can pick the front end up off the ground fairly easy.

stetler you rhino rhight now is prolly the lightest on here lol

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
:confused: about 5000 lbs on its side!

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Stetler.....Where was that place you took it to get weighed? In Orange? Never mind i blew up the picture a little, Placentia thanks

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Whats my rhino weigh?

Twice as much with the wife in it!!! lol j/k im the fat one!

·
Registered
379 Posts
The Flying Banana weighs in at 1200 lbs with about 30 lbs of ballast in it.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
lighter tires thats all iv installed a heaver frount bumper and a rear bumper.jettrim seats..2 seater full cage and long travil

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
580 rear 560 front just did the wheight befor last trip

1 - 20 of 21 Posts