Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2008 700fi Rhino. Only engine add on's are a utvcrap sheave and Dynatek ignition module.

Which other add on's will work to create more HP or better engine performance?

Which throttle body,air intake, exhaust system (dual or single) will work best?

Will the new Dynatek programer install make somewhat of a performance gain?

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
exhaust

hello, the one thing people assume is that a single is a single and a dual is a dual. most exhaust are straight pipes into silencers. when you understand ex technology youll see why a true perfomance ex addresses the effects of cylinder scavange and reversion pulses. most ex manufactures look at ease of construction and cost first. this is why head pipe lenght/diameter steps and reverse megaphones are so important.our in house is used for tuning and mapping inj and ign curves. ive heard stories of 65hp rhino engines and maybee so on whatever dyno they are using. but not on our dyno!

·
Registered
49 Posts
hello, the one thing people assume is that a single is a single and a dual is a dual. most exhaust are straight pipes into silencers. when you understand ex technology youll see why a true perfomance ex addresses the effects of cylinder scavange and reversion pulses. most ex manufactures look at ease of construction and cost first. this is why head pipe lenght/diameter steps and reverse megaphones are so important.our in house is used for tuning and mapping inj and ign curves. ive heard stories of 65hp rhino engines and maybee so on whatever dyno they are using. but not on our dyno!
have you done any of the 700 yet?

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
my rhino is going to go to trinitys dino after your done so i can say i have 75 hp rhino LMAO.

·
Registered
96 Posts
yes, we are trying to get our engine kits figured out. we try to get some reasonable test time before we throw something out there. our 660 kits go from bolt on to 686 to grab your ankles racecar. we dont do fab work or custom suspension, just like the guys that do suspension usually dont know much about engines or how to tune them. as of right now we are thinking for the 700, bolt on, 727,760long rod, and 840 grab your ankles short course only. but we are watching corr to see how they rule on cc limits.

·
Registered
49 Posts
yes, we are trying to get our engine kits figured out. we try to get some reasonable test time before we throw something out there. our 660 kits go from bolt on to 686 to grab your ankles racecar. we dont do fab work or custom suspension, just like the guys that do suspension usually dont know much about engines or how to tune them. as of right now we are thinking for the 700, bolt on, 727,760long rod, and 840 grab your ankles short course only. but we are watching corr to see how they rule on cc limits.
any testing of just bolt on stuff?? like different pipes etc...

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
CC limits this season stands at no larger than 800cc. next year maybe diff in some way. Keep up the good work!!

Rog

·
Registered
96 Posts
sorry to here that. when your 80 years old you might get a little crochety also. if there is anything i can do just let us know and we will help any way we can. we ride/race right beside all of you. no rocket science here if it works it works

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
they don't use anything but ron wood racing exhausts, ron and john are buddies and the proshop does all the r+d for woods racing. they might have had a rhino in there with that exhaust, but they probably haven't run any test on one.
i had the alba on my 660 and replaced it with the ron woods and the increse in power was verry noticeable and befor that i ran the trinity duals the alba and the duals where about the same just the duals where way to loud now the ron woods is as loud as the alba and i have more power!! i truly see more and more rhinos having the ron woods after ridding with someone that has one

·
Banned
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Proshop, why do you all have to be down South in CA?:) If only you were closer to San Francisco Bay Area.

Example, on pure bolt on parts...would it be necessary to dyno the rhino after all the goodies are installed?

I was thinking of adding a Ron Woods exhaust, air intake and possibly a Dynatek programers, if it's beneficial. Would I be able to feel a difference on performance?

I know with the clutch sheave, I did feel the difference and as a matter of fact, I hit the top speed of 50mph on a long run, gear was on 2 HIGH,on a flat paved road, no wind,without Dynatek ignition module, +6 Long travel, 4 seater roll cage, rear bench,2 additional passangers, stock wheels and tires and it didn't hit the rev limiter. Engine stock besides the sheave.

Are 660 easier to pull out more performance gain than a 700 ? or is it that the 700 is a relative newer engine and people are just starting to discover way of extracting more hp.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Proshop, Well stated! :good: How about some torque specs. I like to know torque than horsepower numbers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.