Yamaha Rhino Forums - RhinoTalk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you guys think if, WW just built like 2 trailers a day instead of 20? Then they sold direct instead to dealerships. And they worked on quaility first inovation and r&d would be more important also.

Would they be the toyhauler to have? Possible the cult classic rv to have?

·
CommanderTalk.com
1,706 Posts
I have never owned one, however, those that I have seen and seemed to be really nice.

I think was something becomes totally massed produced, quality does go down.

If WW sold direct, I would be curious how they would be distributed throughout the country...would you have to visit them in CA to get one or what?

Not sure how many they would be able to build a day, however, quality, cutting edge designs and innovation should be the focus...like the saying, quality not quantity.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
They kind of were selling direct in a way. Giant rv and WW were in bed together. I think giants going out of buisness to right.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Rick I would....I own a fs2600 from them and its been a :good: trailer so far..and the floor plan is second to none. I am truly bummed about them going down though:punish:

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They kind of were selling direct in a way. Giant rv and WW were in bed together. I think giants going out of buisness to right.
Not sure about Giant rv right now. Most these guys are not going under because they are out of money. Just cant keep mass producing these things when inventories are full and demand is way down. I think it is a perfect time to re-invent the process. With different goals for the final product. Return customers will take a look at them, and there are alot of return customers for WW.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Not sure about Giant rv right now. Most these guys are not going under because they are out of money. Just cant keep mass producing these things when inventories are full and demand is way down. I think it is a perfect time to re-invent the process. With different goals for the final product. Return customers will take a look at them, and there are alot of return customers for WW.
they got too big too fast, now im sure thier overhead is gigantic. WW will scale down, figure out the direction of the market, be patient and come back more effeciently run and better than ever im sure..

·
Registered
353 Posts
What would you guys think if, WW just built like 2 trailers a day instead of 20? Then they sold direct instead to dealerships. And they worked on quaility first inovation and r&d would be more important also.

You just might have somting here :good:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Rick I would....I own a fs2600 from them and its been a :good: trailer so far..and the floor plan is second to none. I am truly bummed about them going down though:punish:
I do too ( 06 ) we love ours and have not had any problems. Hang on to yours. I called Travelon RV after I heard about this they told me they just had a meeting and that one of the things they talked about was that they believe that the value of the weekend warrior will go up due to discontinuation, also there is a side company called weekend warriour gear { i think} will be carrying parts for a long time to come....you know what they say if its no longer available, then people want them, or something like that.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Travelon fed you a bunch of crap! Look at it this way, most banks will not finance an rv whos manufacturer has gone out of business. If no one will finance them then who will buy them? They will have to be priced so aggressively just to get a lender to bite on them. When National RV went under last year they sold the remaining units at auction and they brought about 30% of book/invoice, that's 60k for a motorhome that listed new at 200k! What do you think that did to the resale of every other National product?

As far as the manufacturer direct thing, there are a couple of companies that do it that way with success. I like my fk2100 and would buy another!

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
5,383 Posts

I would still buy W.W. I looked at every brand before I bough mine and I felt it was the best toy hauler on the market. It was definatly the most plush. It had all the amenities one could want. The wife and I joke about this being the selling point. Hah

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
If they where totally custom they would be too pricey though imo. They should be a small quality oriented company, problem is that is where they started and like every business owner-greed kicks in! The motorhome did them in. imho

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
In the last 6 years I have owned 3 Warriors and before I bought the last one the wife and decided to give the other manufactures a look to see what they had to offer and guess what I bought another 40' WW. The WW was the most comfortable and set up just right. I was thinking of getting another one but I will keep this one for a while now. As far as the warranty oh well,fix the shit as it has issues if any no big deal.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
If they where totally custom they would be too pricey though imo. They should be a small quality oriented company, problem is that is where they started and like every business owner-greed kicks in! The motorhome did them in. imho
Not totaly custom, just better emenities;

It wasnt the Owners greed at WW that killed them, His bonus program was to generious, in a nut shell it was the greed of the employees and lack of oversight by suits including Mark.

I would still buy W.W. I looked at every brand before I bough mine and I felt it was the best toy hauler on the market. It was definatly the most plush. It had all the amenities one could want. The wife and I joke about this being the selling point. Hah
How about electric awnings, how about auto levers on every unit. Ice makers. The basic rig will be better than any loaded other brands. And yes a much smaller company could do this!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
How about electric awnings, how about auto levers on every unit. Ice makers. The basic rig will be better than any loaded other brands. And yes a much smaller company could do this!
These are items I am considering adding to mine myself....it would be great if it came from the factory that way:clap:

also add in solar as part of the deal

1 - 17 of 17 Posts